No? Well, you must either be 1.) too busy as the official photographer of the Royal Wedding 2.) not a photographer and couldn’t care less or 3.) an idiot.
Yeah, I said. If you’re not watching Zack and you claim to be a photographer, stop making such ridiculous accusations. This guy is a helper. So much so, he’s already spent his entire Friday helping himself to helping you.
I curse the gods every day that creativeLIVE isn’t located in Georgia so I could have entered the contest for a spot at this course. I feel a little attached to Zack since he’s a Georgia boy and fellow badass. And because he favors my older brother Brandon.
Luckily for me, I am given the incredible opportunity to learn from Zack through the free creativeLIVE course (I’m watching the replay now since I couldn’t access the beginning the first time around due to interwebs fail). And thanks to the awesome folks at CL, you can watch parts of Zack’s course for free online right now as well!
Here are some of the quotes that spoke to me today (some for all the wrong reasons):
- “She needs to walk in nervous and walk out laughing. Every great photographer I know is a good people-person.”
- “I don’t look at it as posing, I look at it as body language.”
- “Fisheye on the dance floor gets you out of a creative slump for 10 minutes. Then you need to put it away.”
- “I see so many people doing what I call ‘sniper’ shooting. Sticking someone in the middle of the frame and clicking the shutter.”
- “Sometimes the ladies will love you if you shoot them wide…Just know what you’re doing.”
- “I want people to look at my photographs and see the small details and know I was deliberate.”
- “I just HAD to put myself out there. And sometimes that means putting yourself out there with beer.”
- “HEAD IN A CLEAN SPOT!!!!”
- “If you don’t have a landline, you’re not professional. You’re just a pimp and a drug dealer.”
And my favorite:
- “It’s ALL the most important thing.”
Remember, there is no magical Top 10 list that will make you an amazing photographer.
And because all posts are better with pictures:
You know, because I feel like I’ve hit the jackpot with these creativeLIVE courses. And, um…because tomorrow’s post is a love session in Las Vegas’s Neon Boneyard. All about perspective people.